A few lines of VB script code will let your computer greet you every time you login to it. This will look straight out of a sci-fi movie and this is so easy and cool. Your not-so-tech-savvy friends will not only be amazed at this but they will think you as a genius. Use the steps provided below to let your computer welcome you with a personalized message.
1. Open Notepad and type the following lines of code (or copy the code below to a notepad) :
Dim speaks, speech speaks="Hello Ajay, Welcome to your Computer. Please use me with care and Love." Set speech=CreateObject("sapi.spvoice") speech.Speak speaks
2. You can replace the text within quote (” “) in line 2 to any text you wish.
3. Save the file as speech.vbs . To do this, in notepad click on File > Save as, select All Types for save as type and put file name as speech.vbs . Make sure the file is saved with .vbs extension and not like speech.vbs.txt . If it is correctly saved the file icon will change from a simple notepad icon to a VB script icon.
4. Now the required script file is ready. For the welcome message upon login, we need to load this file at start up. To do this we need to copy the file to start-up folder.
5. To copy to startup folder, click on Start > All programs and right click on Startup, select explore. This will open Startup folder in Windows Explorer. We need to paste the speech.vbs file inside this.
6. To verify that it is working correctly, restart your PC. If you hear your computer welcoming you, the trick has worked perfectly.
This trick has been personally tested by me in Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista and Windows 7 and works perfectly. Please share your experience on using this script.